Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Psychology
Nicolet College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when adjuncts or substitute instructors are needed to teach a variety of Psychology courses in the University Transfer and Liberal Arts Program.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Use technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance, student success, and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
Master's Degree or higher in Psychology preferred. A minimum of 18 graduate credits in Psychology is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach practical interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Ability to meet and maintain Nicolet College Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/employment/faculty-quality-assurance-system-requirements
Adjunct instructors are extended a contract for each course instructed. Benefits are not included with this part-time position.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a letter of interest, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework. Applications will be reviewed as needs arise.