Adjunct - Mathematics
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an open continuous applicant pool. Submitting an application does not guarantee an interview or employment. Positions will be filled by the department on an as needed basis.
Pay scale varies according to level of education.
TITLE: Adjunct (Faculty) LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT: One Term
SUPERVISORS: Dean, Associate Dean, Program Manager
- Observe all college rules and regulations, State guidelines and professional mandates appropriate to teaching faculty
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and community
- Assist with curriculum review and development whenever appropriate
- Meet all scheduled classes for the full period as delineated on the schedule
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with catalog course descriptions and academic specifications
- Furnish each student and the dean's office with a course syllabus, which follows the prescribed format, including evaluation procedures, withdrawal procedures, class attendance, and other policies consistent with college procedures. Syllabus must be submitted to dean's office prior to or during the first week classes begin
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records on all students
- Submit grade reports on or before deadlines according to college procedures
- Participate in performance appraisal and instructional observation processes as specified by Associate VP or VP Academic Affairs
- Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional methods
- Use instructional support materials and equipment as appropriate to enhance class presentations
Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in teaching discipline.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Ability to demonstrate the four College Service Excellence Standards of respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration when interacting with students, employees, visitors, and community members.