Requisition ID: req394Job Title: Accounting AnalystDepartment: Financial ServicesLocation: Main CampusEmployment Type: Full TimeBargaining Unit: SSACompensation Type: HourlyCompensation Range: $17.77 to $20.82Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm M-FHenry Ford College (HFC) is a comprehensive public college located in Dearborn, Michigan that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degrees, career and university transfer programs and a Bachelor Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.Henry Ford College offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please see collective bargaining agreements for details at https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources. Position Summary
Responsible for the College’s day to day monitoring and updating of College’s fixed asset acquisitions and construction projects. This includes the monitoring of general ledger accounts for proper coding. This person is also responsible for some Accounts Payable duties as it relates to the College Epayables and Pcard program.Qualifications
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in accounting or business with a concentration in accounting (minimum of 14 credit hours in college-level accounting courses required); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years accounting related work experience required. This work must include preparation of reports from computerized accounting programs.
- Experience in a college business office required.
- Passing scores on Microsoft Excel and numeric proofreading. Must be willing to upgrade skills by learning new applications as needed.
- Must have good written, verbal and analytical, including outstanding customer service, skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group of employees, managers, and outside parties.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to recognize and follow through on priorities in a timely manner, despite frequent interruptions.
- Must maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with assigned work.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision. Experience working with an integrated administrative computer software system (Ellucian, Banner, PeopleSoft) required.Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions and judgment consistent with the level of the position.An ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with College personnel and students in a multi-cultural environment.Understanding of and commitment to HFC Mission.
- Provide accounting support and information for managers and staff in the areas of Epayables and P-cards. This includes, but is not limited to, processing purchasing card and Epayable transactions, report generation, account reconciliations, understanding approval procedures, producing a wide variety of correspondence and documents, cardholding training and other special projects as assigned by the Financial Services Coordinator.
- Use Colleague system to access information to ensure the accuracy of invoices, payments, coding of expenses, and vendor information for the College as it relates to EPayable transactions. Prepare journal entries to correct transactions as necessary.
- Troubleshoot Epayable or Pcard problems and/or inquiries. Work with vendors and staff as necessary to resolve disputes.
- Responsible for and/or provides support in the creation, maintenance and revision of accounts payable Epayables and P-Card policy and procedures. Assist with training College staff in using the WORKS purchasing card program. Create internal training documents, as necessary.
- Monitor and review all proposed Capitalized Fixed Assets. This includes detailed invoice review and monitoring of general ledger accounts for completeness and accuracy.
- Update and maintain monthly fixed asset reports.
- Monitor and review all proposed Construction in Progress (CIP) activity. This includes detailed invoice review and monitoring of general ledger accounts for completeness and accuracy.
- Create monthly Construction in Progress reports.
- Perform monthly, annual and year-end reporting and reconciliation as it relates to Epayables, Fixed Assets and Construction in Progress. This will include balance sheet and expense reconciliation work. Ensures that all monthly closing activities are accurately completed and timely, including the balancing of the subsidiary ledger. Research issues with expense variances as part of the monthly close cycle.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.