Adjunct - Speech Communication
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription An introduction to speech communication with special emphasis on the practical skills of public speaking. Learning objectives include civility and listening skills, planning and preparing for a message, putting information into oral presentation form, and adapting messages to special speaking situations.Job duties:
- Teach assigned course material in field as advertised. Prepare a detailed syllabus for course and distribute a copy to students. Syllabus must confirm to the requirements set forth in the Faculty Handbook and those that may be established by department chair.
- Maintain weekly office hours. When classes are in session, part-time faculty are expected to be on campus at least one hour for each course taught to meet with students outside class. These meetings may take place immediately before or after class.
- Keep an accurate record of student attendance and report excessive absences
- Maintain an accurate record of grades and submit final grades in a timely manner to the Registrar.
- Seek ways to improve teaching effectiveness. Evaluate teaching effectiveness through student ratings of course and instruction and self-evaluation
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Minimum Master’s degree, 18 hours of graduate hours in teaching subject. In exceptional cases, outstanding professional experience and demonstrated contributions to the teaching discipline may be presented in lieu of formal academic preparation
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with College policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all constituents.
- Excellent written and communication skills and knowledge of course content.