Adjunct - Instructor in Sport Management
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription Purpose: To instruct students at Flagler College, and to exhibit professional conduct in the performance of assigned tasks.Essential Functions:
- Teaches assigned courses.
- Prepares a detailed syllabus for each course and distributes a copy of the syllabus to each student. The syllabus must conform to the requirements set forth in the Faculty Handbook and those that may be established by the department chair.
- Maintains weekly office hours. When classes are in session, part-time faculty are expected to be on campus at least one hour for each course taught to meet with students outside class. These meetings may take place immediately before or after class.
- Keeps an accurate record of student attendance and reports excessive absences to the Department Chair.
- Maintains an accurate record of grades and submits final grades in a timely manner to the Registrar.
- Seeks ways to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Evaluates teaching effectiveness through student ratings of course and instruction and self-evaluation.
General Information:The Sport Management program in the Department of Business Administration at Flagler College invites applications for part-time instructors in sport management. The program utilizes part-time faculty to expose students to practitioners in the sport management industry and to offer classes that expand the sport management curriculum. The program maintains a file of potential candidates which will be reviewed when a specific need arises. The program will contact candidates when there is a match and will keep the position posted to maintain an active and up-to-date candidate pool.
- Assists the Dean of Student Services in maintaining the rules and regulations of the College.
- Assists the Director of Business Services and the Director of Campus Safety and Security in maintaining a healthful, safe and secure environment for all members of the College community.
- Performs other duties as may be required by the department chair, the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Academic Affairs, and the President.
The Sport Management program, part of Flagler College’s pre-professional curriculum, prepares students for productive careers in the unique, multi-billion-dollar sport industry. Sport Management programs provides students with a traditional academic foundation as well as high-impact practices of experiential learning and internships to develop ethical, problem-solving young professionals. Qualifications Qualifications:Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in Sport Management or closely related discipline, or hold a Master’s degree in any field and have earned 18 graduate level hours in a sport management specialty. Successful candidates demonstrate commitment to teaching and expertise in a specialized sport management area. Preferred qualifications include previous teaching experience and industry work experience in the specialty areaNon - Discrimination Statement
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University