General Maintenance Worker
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeSalary Range $10.75 HourlyTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category FacilitiesDescription
Purpose: To maintain the College premises in a clean, orderly condition.
- Receives written or oral work assignments from Maintenance Supervisor and obtains necessary tools and supplies from the Maintenance Shop area.
- Performs minor repairs to building fixtures, removes broken glass and replaces it with new panes, performs minor plumbing repairs, fixes electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, performs and performs carpentry work as required; cleans up work area when done.
- Notifies Supervisor of repair supplies and materials needs.
- Moves furniture, office and classroom fixtures or other College-related property as needed.
- Performs minor maintenance, lubrication and cleaning to assigned power equipment; refers more serious problems to Supervisor for correction.
- Performs other maintenance, groundskeeping and custodial tasks as assigned.
- May be designated as to specialization, such as Pool Operator responsible for maintaining chemicals and checking settings, or Plumber responsible for replacing fixtures and parts and unstopping clogged drains and commodes.
- May assist tradespersons (mason, carpenter, electrician, etc.) on projects where assistance is needed.
- Performs such other College-related duties as may be required by the Supervisor or Superintendent.
- Aptitude for mechanical and maintenance work, acquired through vocational school, outside activities or job experience
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform considerable physical effort, including lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds several times a day
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and to work in overhead structures as well as around and beneath machinery
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment as needed and to practice safety precautions appropriately
- Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate College truck
- Satisfactory work record and attendance