Student Financial Services Customer Service Representative (FT)
Department:: Student Financial Services
Locations:: Milton, MA
Posted:: Dec 18, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
The Student Financial Services Customer Service Representative (SFSR) is a member of the Financial Aid Department residing within the Office of Student Financial Services. This is a new position in the Student Financial Services department and the SFSR provides service about all aspects of student financial matters to students, families and colleagues. Service is delivered in person, by telephone, electronic media and print. The SFSR provides general customer service in matters pertaining to but not limited to, financial aid from the application process to the award, loan options and status and student accounts from balance resolution to instruction on use of credit balances. The SFSR will assist in documenting procedures and policies and developing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). The SFSR will support enrollment and retention objectives of the College though the dissemination of accurate financial aid and student accounts information. This is a general customer service role with specific back-up expert duties assigned in Financial Aid or Loans.
Provides Service to Internal and External Customers:
- Maintains compliance with FERPA;
- Serves as initial contact and provides financial advice and counsel to Curry customers (students, families, colleagues and alumni) seeking information on tuition billing and payment policy, the financial aid application and funding process, alternate methods of payment of tuition accounts including loans and tuition payment plans via telephone, in person or electronic means;
- Explains financial aid policies and procedures, account balance and payment and loan policies and procedures to customers;
- Accepts payments: cash and credit card payments at the customer service counter;
- Serves as central contact for e-mails sent to 1 of the 2 general office mailboxes as well as one of the primary contacts for returning voicemails from the general voicemail box for the Student Financial Services Office;
- Assists students and families in the customer self-service area with completing forms and applications for refunds, book vouchers, financial aid and loan applications;
- Acts as the first level of contact for staff and families with financial service concerns;
- Contacts other on-campus offices and off campus agencies/vendors as needed to resolve problems presented in the service area;
- Makes telephone calls to students and families as needed to resolve missing financial aid or loan documentation and/or unpaid account balances;
- Assists with department mailings.
Provides Service to Internal and External Customers at College events:
- Provides support for Student Financial Services at College events including but not limited to: late hour service evenings and weekends including Open House, Accepted Students Day, Registration, New Student Orientations, etc.
- Required to be in rotation of staff extended evening Office hours based on staffing levels and service demands.
Back-up for Specific Financial Aid or Loan Operational Processes (as assigned):
- Provides back-up to Financial Aid and/or Loan operational processes for financial aid as appropriate
- Manages data loads from federal processor or third party agencies;
- Manages student financial aid files for active and inactive students;
- Prints and manages mailing of missing item letters and financial aid award letters;
- Manages exit interview collection process for students who withdraw.
- Assists in opening, sorting, coding of mail;
- Supports Director of Financial Aid with audit preparation;
- Participate in any initiatives for the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- At least 1 year in student financial (financial aid, student loans/financing or student accounts) field.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and have superior customer service skills, specifically the ability to work with students and families. Must react to customers quickly, accurately and congenially.
- Good planning/organization, analytical and problem solving skills needed.
- Must be team-oriented with good oral and written communications skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and functional use of voicemail and fax.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.