2019 Part-Time Faculty-Mathematics (Pool)
Part-Time Faculty – Mathematics (Pool)
Master's degree in Mathematics (or a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics).
Ability to communicate effectively in English. Possess instructional technology skills or have willingness to learn skills including but not limited to course management and content delivery.
Part time faculty are hired as needed on a semester-to-semester basis and typically teach up to nine credit hours during the semester. Columbia State offers classes at five campuses: Columbia Campus, Williamson Campus, Lawrence Campus, Lewisburg Campus, and Clifton Campus. Columbia State also offers classes at several off-campus locations and clinical sites.
Special Instruction to Applicants:
You must submit a transcript and a resume/CV to be considered for a Part-Time Faculty position. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Applicants may be subject to a background check. Please note the closing date for pool postings. If you are still interested, you must re-apply each calendar year.
Salary is $500 per credit hour. Workload adjustments will be made for faculty teaching classes where the number of contact hours exceeds the number of credit hours. Additionally, a travel stipend may be negotiated at time of hire for faculty traveling more than 80 miles each week to teach their classes.
Part-Time Faculty Duties and Responsibilities
The part-time faculty member reports directly to the dean for assignments/duties and is responsible for:
• Preparing for courses as assigned and adhering to departmental course syllabi and course minimum student learning outcomes.
• Beginning and ending all classes as scheduled.
• Organizing, assigning, and supervising learning activities of students in his/her classes.
• Maintaining academic standards and classroom behavior to ensure an environment conducive to learning.
• Evaluating students using a variety of methods and for informing each student of scores received on each assessment in a timely manner.
• Maintaining accurate records of student attendance/participation and grades.
• Reading Columbia State email and responding to student questions via email in a timely manner.
• Meeting deadlines for all administrative requests such as submitting personnel paperwork, student enrollment verification, and final grades.
• Complying with mandatory training and professional development.
Closing Date: 10/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No