Psychology - 122500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Psychology offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees in Psychology, serving over 1300 undergraduate majors. Graduate programs in 3 areas prepare students for a career in research and teaching in colleges and universities or a career as a scientist-practitioner. The department is committed to excellence in the preparation of our students. We strive to recruit, select, develop, reward and retain an increasingly diverse and productive faculty and staff where contributions of each member are crucial to the success of all.
The Psychology Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Research Analyst to join our team and support faculty in the research and scholarship functions of their positions and the department as it emphasizes our scholarly mission. Responsible for supporting the development and conduct of externally funded research and sponsored projects.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist PIs with research proposal preparation and submission.
* Assist PIs with post-award expenditures, budgets, and reporting.
* Liaison between faculty and other offices on campus (OGCA, CLASS research officer, petty cash, etc.).
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, auditing, public administration, or related field and three years of relevant administrative work including some in research or grants management or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Prefer experience in higher education.
* Clear, effective communication skills; e.g. emails to ask about or convey rules, regulations and procedures or ability to explain same verbally.
* Interpersonal skills to maintain excellent relationships with researchers and various offices across the level of the institution.
* Time management skills including ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
* Prior knowledge of pre- or post-award administration regulations and procedures.
* General administrative experience with budgets, purchasing, payroll, travel, scheduling with specific skill in budget planning, analysis, reconciliation and forecasting.
* Problem-solving skills; being flexible and creative within regulations.
* Ability to determine when decisions can be appropriately made and when they must be referred to a higher level, to protect institutional integrity.
* Curiosity and willingness to learn new things and manage change processes.
* Ability to gather, analyze, synthesize information from a variety of sources and prepare reports and graphical displays, as requested by the head of the unit.
* Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and three references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting