Associate Vice President for Compliance
Job Title: Associate Vice President for Compliance
Location: Augusta University
Job ID: 15156
The Associate Vice President for Compliance leads the enterprise-wide Office of Compliance and Risk Management, which shall ensure that all entities in the Augusta University (AU) enterprise (including AU, AU Health, AU Medical Center, AU Medical Associates, and the other entities associated with the university) have identified their applicable compliance responsibilities; that they have implemented appropriate policies, procedures, and education; and that compliance is effectively monitored.
The Associate Vice President for Compliance is responsible for the creation, oversight and day-to-day operations of the Compliance & Ethics, Privacy, and Enterprise-Wide Risk Management programs. This position also serves as the Research Integrity Officer. The Associate Vice President for Compliance will assist in ensuring that the affairs of the AU enterprise are conducted in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. In addition, the Associate Vice President for Compliance shall assist in promoting a culture of compliance and ethics, while maintaining a focus on customer service and process improvement.
The Associate Vice President for Compliance will report to the Interim Vice President, Compliance, Audit, Risk Management & Ethics. The Associate Vice President for Compliance will also have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Chairman of the Audit Committees for AU Health System, AU Medical Center and the AU Medical Associates.Responsibilities
- Create, articulate and operate the Enterprise Compliance & Ethics Program and the AU Enterprise Risk Program. Constantly scan the horizon, ensuring the AU enterprise is kept current and compliant with emerging, applicable federal and state legislation, adjusting and amending the AU Enterprise Compliance & Ethics Program as appropriate.Ensure the AU Enterprise Compliance & Ethics Program and the AU/AUHS Enterprise Risk Program plans and operations are appropriately communicated to the board of directors, executive compliance and ethics committee and AU Enterprise Executive Leadership as identified in the AU Enterprise Compliance & Ethics Program and the AU Enterprise Risk Program.Coordinate the Compliance, Ethics & Risk Management Steering committees, ensuring that it actively fosters discussion, prioritize areas for further investigation and/or audit and conducts follow-up monitoring of compliance initiatives.Maintain collaborative relationships with executives, legal counsel and management in finance, HIM, laboratory, Human Resources (HR) and Information Services (IS), Office of Human Protections, Human Assurance Committee, and all faculty practice plans to effectively minimize compliance risks in these important compliance areas.Develop and coordinate multifaceted educational and training programs that focus on the elements of the AU/AUHS Enterprise Compliance & Ethics Program and the AU/AUHS Enterprise Risk Program, and ensure that employees are knowledgeable of pertinent federal and state regulation standards.Conduct and respond, in conjunction with legal counsel, to investigations and/or information requests initiated externally by both state and federal governmental agencies as well as non-governmental agencies, such as third-party payers. Determine and carry out appropriate action.Proactively monitor the extent to which AU enterprise activities are conducted in conformance with applicable standards. Conducts internal investigations to respond to internal reports of problems or suspected violations. Monitor resulting corrective action, if any, with affected areas.Monitor the compliance hotline. Ensure employees are able to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retribution. Appropriately investigate, resolve and document hotline calls, or coordinate the investigation or resolution of calls that are more appropriately handled in other arenas, such as HR.Coordinate with HR to ensure the following activities are accomplished:Review OIG cumulative sanctions reports prior to hiring an employee, and bi-annually thereafter.Conduct annual training and education on AU/AUHS Enterprise code of conduct, including general orientation.Include compliance, privacy, and risk training on the performance evaluations.Consistently apply appropriate disciplinary actions to all employees for failure to comply with corporate compliance standards and procedures.
USG Applicant Clearinghouse Position ID Number for Faculty Postings 41058.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://erecruit.augusta.edu/psp/hrp461_newwin/SS/HRSS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Health Care Management, Business or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Significant experience in Academic & Regulatory Compliance.
- Significant experience in a clinical or healthcare environment.
- Budgeting and financial management experience at the college or university level.
- Excellent Project Management & Control experience.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance in areas such as: HIPAA regulations, medical/clinical records management, conflicts of interest, exports control and privacy and confidentiality requirements for clinical research.
- Solid computer literacy and internet skills.
- Outstanding communication skills: written, oral, listening and public speaking ability.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong task orientation and high level of energy.
- Ability to function effectively as part of the enterprise’s leadership team.
- Highly developed human relation skills leading to the ability to work well with individual at all levels in the organization.
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://erecruit.augusta.edu/psp/hrp461_newwin/SS/HRSS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;Equal Employment OpportunityAugusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://erecruit.augusta.edu/psp/hrp461_newwin/SS/HRSS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;