Campus Director Career & Advisement Services
Job Title Campus Director Career & Advisement Services
Job ID 997931
Location InterAmerican Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
ADMIN - Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC)
$63,546 - $79,433
Advisement & Career Services
Director, Retention & Transition Services or Student Services
Open Until Filled
Exempt - Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
The Director of Advisement and Career Services is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating programs and services of the department. The Director also has the administrative responsibility of hiring, training, supervising and evaluating all personnel according to College policies and procedures.This is a Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC) position for which an annual contract reflecting the base salary within the fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) will be issued after ratification by Miami Dade College's District Board of Trustees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hires, fires, supervises, and evaluates personnel
- Develops and coordinates programs and services related to academic and career advisement and the acquisition of employability skills
- Prepares and maintains budgets
- Coordinates the training of department and appropriate college personnel
- Responsible for providing academic and career advisement for students in the following categories: new, transfer, transient, undecided, and those not making satisfactory progress as outlined in the Standards of Academic Progress
- Verifies graduation eligibility
- Responsible for providing student support activities and resources including career exploration, employability skills and advising resources
- Assists students with clarifying their academic and career goals and resolves student issues as needed
- Disseminates information about articulation agreements and the rights of transfer students.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of employment opportunities for students and graduates
- Establishes linkages with MDC schools and academic departments to expose students to programs, services, resources and internship opportunities
- Establishes linkages with the local employer community for the purpose of increasing employment and internship opportunities for students and graduates
- Serves on Campus and College committees
- Makes recommendations and implements College policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting academic placement and transfer
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Education, Psychology or other appropriate field and three (3) years of related experience
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge of academic advising and career development principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current employment trends and placement opportunities.
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state and college EEO/AA/Diversity laws, guidelines and procedures
- Possess skills in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Possess employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend assignments