Program Coordinator, Continuing Education and Professional Development
Job Title Program Coordinator, Continuing Education and Professional Development
Job ID 998026
Location Wolfson Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Support Non Exempt (SNE)
$22.58 - $28.22
Continuing Education & Professional Development
Open Until Filled
Coordinates the daily operations and logistics for one or more Continuing Education and Professional Development programs and supervises departmental initiatives that contribute to providing accurate program information to the community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Informs students on schedule, room, or instructor changes and handles student questions, concerns and requests
- Resolves student/instructor conflicts
- Prepares and maintains the Master Schedule every semester and has it approved
- Orients new instructors to MDC Community Education and MDC policy and procedures and trains staff on the new tabloid listing course offerings for each semester to ensure accurate information is provided to the community
- Prepares and distributes certificates for completed courses to students
- Develops program/course descriptions that accurately reflect content, goals and objectives of the course for Tabloid and website and develops course offering programs relevant to community needs
- Develops marketing plan to increase awareness of programs whereby increasing student enrollment
- Plans and conducts marketing campaigns
- Obtains classrooms, maintains room charts, coordinates class changes and cancellations, requests room changes, and ensures accuracy of class information in Odyssey and website
- Orders and distributes textbooks and instructional materials and assists instructor with ordering of supplies, duplicating, audio-visual equipment and routine communication that may also include concerns and requests
- Ensures fee payment by students prior to course commencement
- Prints and distributes roster and attendance forms
- Monitors instructor performance, reviews student evaluations, and maintains information in a database
- Communicates course offerings, completions and passing of exams (if appropriate)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field and four (4) years of related experience; or Master's degree in an appropriate field.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of college organization, goals, and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of office management and practices.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise work of subordinates
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff