PROFESSOR, ASST, ASSOC OF NURSING-CHRONIC DISEASE - NATIVE AMERICAN CLUSTER HIRE
JOB NO.: 95947-FA
Work Type: Faculty-Full Time
Department: NUR/FACULTY AFFAIRS/ADMIN
Categories: Instructional, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Faculty
Position Vacancy ID: 95947-FA
Working Title: Professor, Asst, Assoc of Nursing-Chronic Disease - Native American Cluster Hire
Official Title: PROFESSOR(C20NN) or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR(C30NN) or ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(C40NN)
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 19, 2019
ACADEMIC (9 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
* Earned research doctorate (PhD or equivalent) in nursing or related field required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Three or more years of experience, or combined education and experience, in conducting research related to chronic disease prevention or management;
* A record of research publication;
* One or more years of experience, or combined education and experience, in teaching at undergraduate or graduate levels in nursing or health related field;
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking to fill one faculty position in the School of Nursing as part of a campus-wide cluster hiring initiative to add to the vibrant community of academic researchers at UW-Madison focused on research at the nexus of environment, health, and community in the Native American context. Participating units in this three faculty cluster hire include the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, the School of Nursing, and the School of Human Ecology.
University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking a diverse set of faculty candidates who will deepen our campus' interdisciplinary research strength in key areas of current and future research promise, as well as faculty candidates who will approach their work in a manner that advances our commitment to research excellence.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Instructions to applicants:
Electronic submission of application materials is required. Applicants must apply via the online application system at jobs.wisc.edu. Please click on the "APPLY NOW" button to start an application. Applications submitted outside of the jobs.wisc.edu online application process will not be considered. Application materials must be uploaded as one complete document. Application materials shall include:
1) A letter of application referring to Position Vacancy Listing #95947 and referencing areas of research expertise, teaching experience, and scholarly interest which describes research program and teaching interests;
2) A current curriculum vitae;
3) Three data-based publications;
4) Three letters of reference from individuals who can evaluate teaching and research.
All documents must be uploaded as one complete file.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by midnight on December 7, 2018, however the position will remain open and applications may be considered until the position is filled.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 12 2018 Central Daylight Time