CYBERSECURITY ANALYST - ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
JOB NO.: 96864-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/SYS SRVCS/SECURITY OPS
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96864-AS
Working Title: Cybersecurity Analyst - Enterprise Systems
Official Title: IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* At least three years of experience with basic information security practices and controls OR relevant formal education or certifications.
* Demonstrate ability and commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
* Experience with writing and executing query or scripting languages.
* Self-directed in prioritizing tasks and communicating in an efficient and professional manner.
* Experience working collaboratively across distributed teams.
* Ability to adapt in a constantly changing and diverse environment.
* Experience operating and using established technical process workflows.
* Advanced analytic and strategic thinking skills.
* Bachelor degree in computer science, network security, information security, or related field is preferred OR three or more years of experience working in the information technology field.
* CompTIA Security+, (ISC)2 SSCP, or comparable security-related certification such as the relevant technical certification in PeopleSoft Security to be obtained within the probationary period.
* Enterprise Resource Planning systems experience.
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison System Services Group (SSG) Cybersecurity team and the UW Madison Office of Cybersecurity partners to provide the security-related tools and services necessary to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, intrusion, corruption, deletion of data belonging to the University of Wisconsin System for SSG services. For example, (not an exhaustive list) user provisioning and de-provisioning, audit support and remediation, vulnerability management, risk evaluation and management, system security plan management, and continuous diagnostics and mitigation. This position has responsibility for prioritizing and executing the duties in support of the Security Operations domain for enterprise applications.
This position is responsible for working across a distributed community to develop and implement a robust security operations program. This role is responsible for independently leading the activities of:
* prioritizing and processing access control change requests;
* monitoring, analyzing and reporting on specific application security events;
* auditing user and privilege access;
* testing security controls through application life cycle;
* assisting with analysis and triage of reported issues specific to application security configurations for enterprise applications spanning UW-Madison and UW System; and
* establishing, implementing and operating security standards that align with application, system or campus policies.
Please note that successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 10 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 7 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time