ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR ENGINEERING OUTREACH; DIVERSITY AFFAIRS OFFICE
JOB NO.: 96842-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/ACAD AFFRS/DIVERSITY AFFR
Categories: Engineering, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96842-AS
Working Title: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR ENGINEERING OUTREACH; DIVERSITY AFFAIRS OFFICE
Official Title: OUTREACH PROG MGR I(P65NS)
Anticipated Begin Date: FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum five years relevant professional experience in a STEM educational or educational outreach or student development.
* Demonstrated passion for and experience in working with students underrepresented in engineering.
* Understanding of STEM pre-college, higher education and professions.
* Ability to relate positively to prospective students and families.
* Demonstrated commitment to recruiting women and underrepresented groups to study and persist in engineering.
* Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating small and large scale events and programs.
* Excellent presentation skills, and oral/written communication skills, and organizational skills and detail oriented.
Preferred, demonstrated experience with:
* hiring, training and managing temporary and support staff across a variety of experience and skill levels.
* social media and development of contemporary, engaging print/electronic communications.
License or certificate:
The Diversity Affairs Office (DAO) in the College of Engineering (CoE) seeks an Assistant Director for Engineering Outreach. The mission of the DAO is to broaden participation in engineering, and specifically to recruit and retain underrepresented students in engineering. The office provides programs and services designed to enhance the cultural, educational and personal development of all students within the college. The DAO is seeking a professional who is committed to increasing the diversity of engineering through developing and executing recruitment programs for high-achieving pre-college students. For more information about the DAO and diversity initiatives in the College of Engineering, refer to www.diversity.engr.wisc.edu.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position, you will need to upload a cover letter and resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 11 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 8 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time