SCHOOL OF EDUCATION MARKETING STRATEGIST
JOB NO.: 96877-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: EDUC/GEN ADMIN/DEAN'S OFFICE
Categories: Communications, Editing, Marketing, Public Relations, Office & Administrative Support, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96877-AS
Working Title: School of Education Marketing Strategist
Official Title: SR UNIV REL SPEC(T54BN) or UNIV RELATIONS SPEC(T54DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 25, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of five years experience in an execution level marketing position, managing communication projects and developing strategies (excluding internship experience)
- Experience and success working in the intersection of digital marketing, web, CRM, and marketing automation
License or certificate:
The Marketing Strategist, in collaboration with marketing manager, is responsible for the overall integrated marketing strategy and brand of assigned portfolio with the School of Education. This position supports development and manages execution of integrated marketing plans for Education Outreach and Partnerships (EOP, 50% time) and other assigned portfolios. In addition to planning and implementation, the Marketing Strategist is skilled in marketing analytics and provides assessment of marketing performance and makes recommendations on web and campaign optimization.
As part of the Communications and Advancement team at the School of Education, the Marketing Strategist will work closely with members of the team and with internal constituent clients from PLACE. The Communications and Advancement office is responsible for communication, marketing, alumni relations, and development work that advances and support the School's priorities. This position reports to the marketing manager and works closely with the Associate Dean for Communications and Advancement.
Our commitment to equity, excellence, and inclusivity:
The School of Education is committed to inclusivity and the pursuit of excellence. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. We strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and accepting work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to consider being a part of our community.
To excel in this position, an applicant must possess the following:
- Superior project management skills, workload balancing, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the needs of internal clients and build innovative and effective solutions
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to understand and consider both the big picture and the details
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and readable manner
- Self-starter who stays up-to-date on digital marketing trends and tools
- Able to work well within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Adept at working in a decentralized organization
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed for high-priority events
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a current resume, cover letter addressed to Colleen Howes, and a list of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 19 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 16 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time