JOB NO.: 97001-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Communications, Editing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 97001-AS
Working Title: Communication Specialist
Official Title: SR UNIV REL SPEC(T54BN) or UNIV RELATIONS SPEC(T54DN) or ASSOC UNIV REL SPEC(T54FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,790 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in content marketing, web site management, social media content development and platforms management, and metrics analysis in a marketing or communications role.
* Must have proven ability to translate complex concepts and information for a variety of audiences.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Ability to think strategically, understand a variety of audiences, and develop targeted and effective messages
* Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing skills, with particular proficiency in writing across media
* Demonstrated expertise with social media platforms and management of related analytics
* Experience with web technology, content management systems and publishing
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (lnDesign, Photoshop, lllustrator) applications
* Proficiency with MS Office applications and mail merges
* Demonstrated experience to work well independently, on teams, and across organizational units
* Effective organizational, project management, and process improvement skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight schedules and deadlines
* An engaging personality with strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
* Previous experience with the nursing profession and a higher education institution preferred
License or certificate:
As a member of the School of Nursing's (SoN) Institutional Affairs team responsible for communication, marketing, and community engagement, the Communications Specialist will help to create and execute the School's communication and social media strategic plan as a part of a larger integrated marketing plan developed in collaboration with senior leadership. Reporting to the SoN's Marketing and Communications Manager, the Communication Specialist will be responsible for researching, developing, implementing, and evaluating integrated content and social media efforts to support marketing, communication, and advancement goals.
The mission of the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing is to develop leaders for the profession and society-making discoveries, enhancing systems, and improving health through research, education, and practice. Established in 1924, the School of Nursing is the leading nursing research institution in Wisconsin. Our impact is global, through the sustained leadership of our faculty, students, and alumni.
Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the School of Nursing and are integral to our strategic goals and initiatives. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its faculty and staff through school-wide educational opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process please click on the "Apply Now" button. Application materials must include a cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #97001, a resume and names and contact information of three references. All documents must be saved as one complete file then uploaded as one file.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 19 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 16 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time