JOB NO.: 106795-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/LRG AN SVS/LA-TECHS
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 106795
Working Title: VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878320-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/LRG AN SVS/LA-TECHS
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
$15.35 - $28.71
This is an objective level position providing specialized technical support to the daily operational needs in all areas of the Large Animal Area of UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). The position requires initiative to independently follow through with technical responsibilities. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees daily receiving schedules, provides assistance and initiates changes as needed.
2) Develops knowledge and responsibility in area of specialization to include maintenance of special equipment, instructing others in use and care, assisting clinician and students in procedures.
3) Anticipates needs of clinicians, staff and students during procedures and in primary animal care.
4) Assists in the instruction of professional veterinary students and training of entry level Veterinary Technicians as requested.
5) Contributes to and participates in team building by assisting in problem solving activities.
These duties are performed under limited supervision.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 21 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 4 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time