Engineering- Deans Office - 130100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The College of Engineering (CENG) is comprised of six departments, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical and Energy Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Engineering Technology. We currently enroll over 3,000 undergraduates and approximately 600 graduate students.
The Dean's College of Engineering Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Process hiring paperwork such as posting positions and submitting epars for hourly employees, salaried Research Assistants (RA), post-doctoral researchers and other staff members paid from CENG grants.
* Assist students with questions on payroll and tuition issues.
* Process scholarship forms for salaried graduate RAs.
* Review timesheets for students and non-student hourly when needed.
* Maintain outstanding interpersonal skills.
* Understand budgetary systems and communicate balances to the faculty grant holders when needed.
* Purchase items from the grants using the p-card, IDT, and/or requisitions system.
* Prepare travel vouchers and other reimbursements from grants.
* Update excel reconciliation spreadsheets accurately for purchases, payroll, scholarships, and travel reimbursements.
*Effectively communicate with faculty and Research Assistants both in written and verbal
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in a position at the level of administrative specialist or higher.
* Experience working with research grants.
* Experience with the University policy and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, references, and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting