President's Scheduler - 501626
President's Scheduler - 501626
This position serves as the main point of contact for all constituents seeking appointments with the president. This position works closely with the president and the president’s staff as well as university executive vice presidents, vice presidents, trustees, and important university and external constituents to coordinate meetings, travel, engagements, and other events.
- Serves as a liaison and point of contact between the President’s office and other members of the university or the public as it relates to preparing the President’s schedule.
- Evaluates invitations to events or meetings on behalf of the President.
- Ensures appropriate University representation at internal and external events to which the President is invited but cannot attend through coordination with other university officials, including the Secretary to the Board, Assistant to the President, Executive Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents.
- Creates, maintains and modifies policies/protocols for appointments with the President.
- Following established procedures, schedule the President’s entire day to accommodate internal and external meetings, travel and desk time.
- Independently adjusts appointments as necessary to facilitate conflicting priorities.
- Secures and augments advance briefings for meetings/events from appropriate internal or external sources and ensures appropriate follow-up after events.
- Prepares daily schedule and briefing documents for the President.
- Makes travel arrangements for the president.
- In collaboration with Senior Writer and Assistant to the President, approves invitations to events sponsored by the president to include design, wording, paper, etc.
- Works with departments and University leaders on long-range planning for the President’s schedule and travel
- Tracks and documents the President’s external contacts and organizational involvement for annual reporting
- Manages agendas and meeting details for the President’s Cabinet
- Coordinates details associated with President’s engagement with and leadership in external organizations and boards
- Knowledge and understanding of the University’s strategic plan and infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of higher education
- Knowledge of organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes
- Demonstrated success in managing complex internal and external relationships where tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy are essential
- Strong organizational skills to balance a variety of tasks with a high degree of competency, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Detail orientation with demonstrated skills in effectively anticipating and organizing work priorities to meet and manage multiple pending deadlines and work priorities.
- Demonstrated success in scheduling and coordinating calendars, including preparation of briefings and effective management of complex travel arrangements
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including cultivating and maintaining strong campus and external community networks
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Analytic thinking
- Demonstrated success in managing a large number of tasks simultaneously and to complete them with minimal oversight
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency
- Understanding of institutional and office priorities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in higher education or a non-profit and/or supporting a senior-level executive
- Extensive experience providing administrative support to high-level executives
- Extensive experience planning and executing all aspects of high-level events and meetings including logistics, catering, travel, etc.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Some weekend and evening hours may be required
- May be asked to drive a University vehicle or use own car for University business
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $44,775.00 to $59,325.00)
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE