Social Worker QMHP/UKHC
Psychiatry Services is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to work as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined by KRS.202A. This position will be responsible for providing in person risk assessments; preauthorizing insurance verifications; collaborating with referral sources and potential patients; coordinating the referral and intake process; providing patient safety planning for patients at risk for suicide; making outside referrals and phone follow-up calls; determining appropriate level of care; facilitating the admission process; maintaining communication with referral sources, families, patients and unit staff. This position requires the Social Worker to meet the requirements of a QMHP as outlined by KRS.202A, at time of hire.
Social Worker QMHP/UKHC
Social Worker QMHP
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW) and Qualified Mental Health Professional(QMHP) at time of hire
This position may involve long periods of sitting at computer performing behavioral health notes and typing on an electronic health record; position will also include periods of walking throughout emergency rooms at Good Sam and Chandler sites.
Three 12-hour shifts (36 hours per week, (7a-7p or 7p-7a) with occasional quality improvement or management meetings. This position is required to work alternating weekends and holidays per departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with behavioral health assessments and care coordination.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's Degree in Social Work/Certified Social Worker (CSW) and 3+ years of behavioral health experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a Licensed Social Worker (LSW)?
- * Do you meet the requirements of being a QMHP as outlined in in KRS.202a?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have with Behavioral Health assessments and co-ordination of care?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter