The KCH DanceBlue Pediatric Hematology Oncology clinic provides comprehensive patient care services to a variety of pediatric, adolescent and adult patients.
The RN serves as an important component of the multidisciplinary team. This ambulatory clinical nurse will utilize a variety of skillsets including administering chemotherapy/biotherapy and blood product infusions, triage phone calls, provide education, and access central lines.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training; and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
Furthermore, this environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes.
This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Walking with items up to 10lbs
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient. The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients. It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet. Leadership, communication, and clinic coordination.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BSN plus at least one year RN related experience preferred.
Prefer candidates who also have one or more of the following: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; central line care; APHON Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Recognition.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have nursing experience caring for Pediatric Hematology Oncology patients?
- * Do you have chemotherapy administration experience?
- * Do you have experience with central lines including portacaths?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter