Temporary Program Coodinator
Hyde Park Campus
59678 Enrollment And Student Advance
About the Unit
For more information, please visit https://careeradvancement.uchicago.edu/.
The Temporary Program Coordinator's primary focus is to provide support for Career Advancement's international programming. This includes: Wanxiang Ambassador Fellows Program, Jeff Metcalf International Internship Program, International Experience Grants, Career Advancement Regional Councils. The Program Coordinator will assist in communicating with alumni, employers, and students; promoting events and opportunities to students; assisting with the preparation of reports for University's senior leadership. This position will report to the Associate Director of External Relations.
- Prepare and manage communication with students, including: promoting events and opportunities; scheduling info-sessions, interviews, and individual appointments
- Assist with Jeff Metcalf International Internships, including: communication with employers and applicants, preparing application packets, scheduling interviews
- Perform administrative duties as needed to support the Wanxiang Ambassador Fellows Program: promote program, oversee Chinese visa applications, select student participants, organize and deliver info-sessions, manage communication with on-site staff, organize green-energy conference
- Proofreads and edits mailing lists, letters, reports and other materials as needed
- Manage all aspects of the International Experience Grants: promoting grants among qualified students, meet with students to discuss grants' eligibility and requirements; select recipients; manage grant disbursement process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet short deadlines required
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required
- Exacting attention to detail required
- Ability to achieve objectives with minimal direction, demonstrate leadership skills and a self-starter required
- (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
This is temporary position expected to last 8 months.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of one years of administrative experience required
- Experience working in higher education or in corporate preferred
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/