Data Specialist Temporary
401 N. Michigan Avenue
30364 Booth Alumni Relations
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Data Specialist will contribute to the maintenance of alumni engagement information and contact information, assist with basic reporting, and conduct light research tasks for the Insights Team within the Alumni Relations Department. This position will report to the Director of Insights and collaborate with the Biodata and Data Integrity team. The role will also need to collaborate with departments across Chicago Booth to gather key alumni engagement information on a regular basis, organize, verify, and enter the data into our database of record. This position requires strong attention to detail, a knowledge of databases and data entry, and good communication and follow-up skills.
This is a temporary position expected to last six months.
- Oversee all alumni volunteer data. This includes outreach across the school, collecting and documenting volunteer activities, looking up alumni IDs, cleanup and verification, and data entry in the University database.
- Manage a routine process for coding, auditing, and gathering new data for various projects in support of Alumni Relations.
- Verify and maintain the quality of key alumni data for specific events/interests/groups using various resources.
- Conduct light research activities.
- Complete basic reporting.
- Develop and maintain processes and materials as required, including helping maintain the coding guide for consistent entry.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum one year of data entry or research-related experience in an academic or corporate setting required.
- Previous database maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with a higher education alumni database preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of relational databases; experience with a high education alumni database preferred.
- High attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organization skills required.
- Previous basic reporting skills and experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and take ownership of projects required.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills required.
- Superior communication and written skills required. Ability to follow-up and follow through.
- Ability to ask clarifying questions and choose appropriate sources required.
- Discretion in the handling of confidential information required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/