Market Data Analyst
105 W. Adams
3034103 Bus-Ctr For Res Security Price
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Market Data Analyst's primary responsibility is the maintenance and update of various CRSP financial databases with a focus on overall data quality and accuracy. Collaboration and teamwork are a large part of this responsibility. Additional responsibilities may include improving/creating internal documentation, updating databases for historical research projects, and assisting the Client Services team with data-related issues.
- Responsible for the execution of update tasks for assigned databases.
- Responsible for the research and correction of data outliers, as identified in update procedures and historical research.
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate with the Managers, Project Leaders, Client Services and other Staff during the update process, historical research projects, and/or client inquiries.
- Assist with historical projects to verify existing CRSP data.
- Assist with insuring data and database integrity.
- Use of the Internet for company and securities research.
- Moderate data management with accuracy and the use of various internal computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or accounting, OR a Bachelor's degree with a passing score on the CFA Level I exam is required.
- At least one year of industry experience is required.
- Experience answering client data inquiries and performing data edits as directed by coordinators or supervisors required.
- Experience collaborating with programmers and other analysts on projects and activities required.
- Experience with data quality assurance and quality control preferred.
- Experience with market data preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficiency in financial theory and terminology required.
- Ability to perform multiple, complex assignments under limited direction required.
- Ability to plan and accomplish assignments, either as an individual contributor or as a member of a team, based on their experience and technical knowledge of systems and subsystems required.
- Ability to provide training to other employees required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and achieve positive results, share information, provide data, furnish guidance, and discuss assignment status within the immediate work unit required.
- Ability to develop basic SQL queries required.
- Ability to use MS Office tools (including Word, Access, and Excel) at least at an intermediate level required.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform at least two CRSP update processes (e.g., Stock, Bond, Compustat, Mutual Fund, REIT) with minimal supervision or assistance OR experienced in performing similar functions while working for another financial database product provider required.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform two CRSP support functions (e.g., Distributions, Bulletins, Returns, etc.), or experienced in performing similar functions while working for another financial database product provider.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team required.
- Careful attention to detailed data entry required.
- A commitment to product quality, the ability to multitask, organizational skills, and positive energy are also valued.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/