Associate Director, Website Development and Optimization
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Associate Director of Website Development and Optimization will assist with Chicago Booth departments that are looking to launch new websites and provide innovative digital solutions under the direction of the Digital Director. The Associate Director of Website Development and Optimization will continually evolve and maintain a fresh, functional, compelling web presence that clearly conveys Chicago Booths brand image. Will gain an understanding of project objectives and assess the technical and digital requirements. Will assist in all aspects of the web development cycle, which includes implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, Sitecore builds and support.
- Assist with developing new and existing reusable Sitecore (8.x MVC) components that can scale across multiple sections of the Booth website.
- Implements the development of applications, templates, and components for Booth Content Management Systems (Sitecore) under the direction of the Digital Director.
- Provides website architecture recommendations to optimize information needed across web properties under the guidance of the Digital Director
- Shepherd web features and enhancements from concept through delivery
- Work closely with the developers to ensure the assigned list of websites are optimally developed and launched in specified timelines
- Follows best practices for the full web development life cycle, including adhering to coding standards, setting up and maintaining builds for continuous integration, designing and coding enterprise framework components, performing code reviews and SEO best practices.
- Build, maintain, and enforce a high-quality, standards-based, and seamlessly integrated online presence for Chicago Booth, including, but not limited to, websites and microsites, social media outlets, mobile presence, blogs, and emails.
- Helps to maintain and develop documentation for all web development project deliverables and ensure ease of use for end-user administrators.
- Continually monitor Chicago Booth's online presence for accuracy, consistency, and technical problems and escalate issues to resolution.
- Helps to optimize, and implement code to support successful ongoing website analytics capture and reporting requirements as well as collaborate with the Marketing Manager for metrics to support and provide strategic direction on continued refinement of analytics implementation.
- Perform, and facilitate, quality assurance checks on web development projects.
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required, concentration in computer science or related field preferred.
- A minimum four years of professional web development experience required.
- Experience working with the Sitecore Experience Platform in relation to MVC and xDB. Sitecore 8.x experience required.
- Experience with developing websites from Adobe Photoshop required.
- Experience developing and testing websites and emails for section 508 compliance, WCAG and cross-platform/browser and email client compatibility required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Working knowledge and use of Content and Experience Editor, page/data template, content types, workflow, content authoring/approval process and content governance best practices required.
- Exposure to source control systems required, Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred.
- Modern front-end development (HTML5, CSS, Jquery) required.
- Creating web services (RESTful API, JSON, XML, AngularJS, HTML5) required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project and time management experience required.
- Ability to work effectively in both team situations and independently required.
- Cover letter
- Work sample
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/