Hyde Park Campus
59678 Enrollment And Student Advance
About the Unit
The Office of Enrollment and Student Advancement is responsible for the admissions process of UChicago's College as well as the Office of Financial Aid and Career Advancement.
The Web Developer will be instrumental in helping maintain and progress all websites and digital offerings under the purview of UChicago's Office of Enrollment and Student Advancement. This role will assist in the creation and maintenance of digital outreach materials. Further responsibilities will include providing input on the feasibility and sustainability of projects.
- Develop digital assets for outreach of enrollment and student advancement
- Conduct routine site maintenance
- Select and prepare imagery
- Markup in HTML5, XML, etc
- Style in CSS, SASS
- Provide input on feasibility and sustainability of project
- Template creation in Drupal 8 environment
- Web development workflow knowledge
- Team focused and ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to evaluate vendor software
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to deliver services as agreed upon
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 1 year web development experience required
- Experience working in a team environment required
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Markup experience with HTML, XML
- Styling in CSS and familiarity with SASS
- Experience with a web development workflow
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office Environment
- Cover Letter
- Link to portfolio and/or list of projects and responsibilities for each project
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/