Assistant Director, Admissions Marketing
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Assistant Director of Admissions Marketing for the Full-Time MBA Program works with the broader Admissions Marketing team to design and develop creative content (i.e. videos, animations, info graphics, social content, website, webinars, blogs). In addition, he/she supports the overall team with strategic projects, such as building a creative/digital asset library, competitive research/analysis, and best practices for UX, CRM, and social media development, etc. Additionally, he/she fully participates in the MBA recruitment and selection process as part of the Admissions Committee.
- Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities as part of the Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee. This includes engaging directly with prospective MBAs, current Booth students, undergraduates, alumni, and cross-departmental staff. It also includes travelling on behalf of Booth to moderate panels and conduct presentations, reading and evaluating MBA applications, conducting interviews with applicants and current students, and mentoring graduate Admissions Fellows. Attention to detail and timeliness are important with all aspects of serving on the Admissions Committee.
- As part of the admissions marketing team, he/she will play an integral role in developing a fully integrated marketing strategy and advancing core departmental objectives; assist in building and distributing innovative videos, emails, newsletters, blogs, and website content/platforms:
- Assist in video shoot/production projects by facilitating on-camera interviews and/or photo shoots of students, faculty, alumni, and staff.
- Assist in organization and upkeep of Full-Time Digital asset library.
- Help manage annual and on-going content planning process; this includes ideation, location scouting, storyboarding and scripting, talent outreach, and video editing and production.
- Help produce, curate, and test/analyze content for print and digital platforms, ensuring brand accuracy and consistency with marketing best practices.
- Help ensure departmental alignment and adherence to Chicago Booth and program-specific brand archetypes and attributes.
- Supports the Creative Lead in the planning, design, creation, and brand alignment of all content and platforms.
- Support creative needs of the Full-Time MBA social media channels, including paid and organic advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Booth's Central Marketing Department, as well as marketing teams within the Part-Time and Executive MBA programs, to ensure brand cohesion across audiences, and assist in shared initiatives as needed.
- Partner with internal units to identify cross functional opportunities to further engage prospective student, current student, and alumni audiences.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a professional environment required, admissions or experience working in a student-facing environment preferred.
- Experience with graphic/multi-media editing tools, such as Adobe Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects. Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with digital communications and/or experiential marketing preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, work autonomously and in teams, communicate effectively, meet and follow through on deadlines required.
- Familiarity and passion for multimedia production - including video/audio recording and photography.
- Exposure to web applications, html, CRM and content management systems is preferred.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service oriented approach to the job required.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Prezi) required.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) occasionally for recruitment purposes required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/