Hyde Park Campus
80643 Financial Services
About the Unit
The primary goal of Financial Services is to support the core mission of the University through exemplary fiscal stewardship. Our services and programs are geared toward providing our customers outstanding response and service while fulfilling compliance and fiduciary obligations. Among many duties, Financial Services has responsibility for accounting and financial reporting; cash, endowment, and debt management; payroll; sponsored award accounting; and purchasing and paying for goods and services.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of reconciliation and routine operating account activities which require basic knowledge of accounting theories and principles.
- Perform data entry and balancing of cash receipts records for bank reconciliation purposes.
- Reconcile results of University receipt bank accounts/Financial Accounting System (FAS), investigate, and work with key departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Process monthly banking transfers in FAS.
- Process new petty cash requests, maintenance and closures, including initiating and monitoring the status of the annual petty cash certification process.
- Create and distribute unclaimed property notification memos to campus.
- Perform periodic maintenance on FAS accounts, as requested by campus.
- Manage offsite storage requests for Financial Services.
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information clearly and concisely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- 1-2 years office experience preferred
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/