Temporary Contracts Coordinator
Hyde Park Campus
3034111 Bus-Kilts Center For Marketing
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Kilts Center for Marketing is the exclusive academic clearinghouse for Nielsen marketing data. The marketing data center initiative is critical to Booth's overall mission to facilitate thought leadership and elevate the recognition of Chicago Booth's excellence in quantitative marketing.
The Contracts Coordinator will support a project that involves working with contacts from more than 130 universities around the world. The Kilts Center provides consumer datasets to academic researchers from these institutions. For each school, there is a third-party contract signed between Chicago Booth and the institution. There are approximately 175 contracts in total. The Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the execution of an updated contract for all 170+ already in place. This involves sending every school the new contract, corresponding with the contract administrators, answering questions, and carefully tracking the status of each contract. It is estimated that this temporary, part-time position will last six months.
- Coordinate execution of more than 170 contracts
- Correspond with contract administrators and faculty from more than 130 universities around the world
- Track the status and correspondence for more than 170 contracts
- Answer questions and provide superior customer service to all contacts, remaining diplomatic and polite
- Remain in contact with team members who support the Center
- Provide teammates a weekly report on progress made
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of project management experience required.
- Experience working in higher education or similar nonprofit fields preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts required.
- Excellent and professional verbal and written skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service.
- Organizational skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated capacity to solve problems and provide excellent customer support required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required.
- Proven computer skills and internet researching skills (e.g., MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email systems) required.
- Humility, conscientiousness and honesty strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the University of Chicago, its systems, and its constituents preferred.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/