Assistant or Associate Professor in Dance Education
Position Number 002088
Functional Title Assistant or Associate Professor in Dance Education
Position Type Tenure Stream
1. Teach coursework in dance pedagogy and another area of expertise at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
2. Advise and mentor the aesthetic and scholarly development of undergraduate dance majors in both dance education and academic work.
3.Contribute to the ongoing development and assessment of dance curricula and programs, including accreditation reports.
4. Participate in School of Dance service activities.
5. Produce scholarly and/or creative activity that contributes to the candidate's field of expertise.
- Credentials appropriate for appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, Terminal degree Ph.D. or ED.D. in Dance or a related field and evidence of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Understanding of the current context in public education in the US including national and state assessments including edTPA.
- Ability to teach using online and hybrid instructional modalities.
- Evidence of successful teaching in Dance pedagogy, K-12 dance teacher supervision, and culturally responsive curricula.
- Strong skills in advising and supervision including K-12 teacher supervision.
- Commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population and sensitivity toward UNCG's core values of inclusiveness, collaboration, sustainability, responsibility, and transparency.
- At least 3 years teaching experience in higher education.
- National recognition as a leader in dance pedagogy for K-12 populations and teacher education in dance.
- Teaching expertise in at least two of the following areas: dance pedagogy, somatic studies, experiential anatomy for dancers, conditioning for dancers, critical pedagogy, action research.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and mentor the aesthetic and scholarly development of undergraduate dance majors in their creative and academic work.
- Evidence of a profile in creative research and/or scholarship of community engagement.
- Evidence of body of work and/or scholarly publications at a regional, national, or international level.
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application: Electronic submission of application materials is required and should be directed to the UNCG Jobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/
From there create an account and reference job number. Application questions may be addressed to Dance Search Committee Chair, Dr. Mila Parrish, Dance Education Search Committee by e-mail only at: [email protected]
Applicants should submit the following:
- Letter of application, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, list of three references with contact information, and additional information necessary to document qualifications for the position.
- Two undergraduate and/or graduate syllabi for courses in dance teacher preparation, dance pedagogy and/or somatic practice.
- Links to publications.
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
Recruitment Range Salary commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Dance - 13004
Job Open Date 10/09/2018
For Best Consideration Date 10/30/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu