Senior Facilities Technician
Requisition Number STA - 201000000694
Job Title Senior Facilities Technician
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of Senior Facilities Technician . The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is a dynamic, growing university system serving primarily the North Texas region. The System campuses include the University of North Texas (UNT) Denton campus, the state's fourth largest university with more than 38,000 students; the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, with 2,362 students; and the UNT at Dallas campus with 3,500 students.
The UNT System Facilities department is seeking to hire a Facilities Technician III to join their team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair MEP equipment at the downtown Dallas location.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and O&M manuals.
- Participate in project design review.
- Inspect and verify satisfactory completion of work by contractors and others.
- Able to perform routine maintenance to electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC equipment, including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, AHUs, FCUs, VAVs, CRAC units, filtration systems, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical systems, VFD's, Lighting controls, etc.
- Ability to operate computer based Building Management System. Experience with Johnson Controls Metasys is a plus.
- Ability to operate and reset Fire Alarm system, Fire Sprinkler System, Fire Pump, Stair Pressurization fans, smoke curtains, fire dampers, etc.
- Willingness to work overtime and unconventional hourly schedules.
- Willingness to perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and ten years experience in related maintenance/repair field. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance
- Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings
- Ability to use basic shop math applications
- Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs
- Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather
*Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under
University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Ten years' experience in either the HVAC or Electrical trade
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
MAY REQUIRE EVENINGS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter