Part-time Office Assistant (multiple positions)
Job no: 497221
Position Type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00/hour
Applications Open: Dec 21 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
This position provides temporary part-time office support to the Office of Graduate Admissions. It is primarily responsible for processing applications for the engineering common application system.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate the graduate student application process with the Assistant Director and Director of Recruiting
- Entering/Updating applications in SIS and Document Imaging
- Monitor receipt of documents and test scores
- Ensure timely review and decision from Dept. Coordinators
- Provide both confidential and routine administrative support to the Graduate Admissions Office including:
- Answering phones and emails, directing visitors
- Picking up and sorting mail
- Creating and modifying documents
3. Other office duties to include:
- Providing assistance on special projects
Other Job Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of H.S. Diploma or G.E.D./equivalent with some college helpful
- Three to Five years related administrative/office experience with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with Chairs, faculty, students, visitors and diverse populations
- Ability to project a professional departmental image when interacting with others in person, or by e-mail or telephone
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.