Software Developer, Research Applications
Software Developer, Research Applications
Job Number: 81602
Application Software Developer
Stanford's University Information Technology (UIT) organization services diverse clientele from various university business units and schools. We are a hub of business analysts, developers, testers and architects who design and build applications to support research at the University.
We are looking for someone skilled in Oracle development tools and technologies to enhance and maintain a complex, home-grown applications that support research at Stanford.
We are seeking an Application software developer to design, build and support business applications for Research Administration within Enterprise Technology (ET). ET is part of the University Information Technology (UIT) department managed by the Office of the CIO at Stanford University. Research Administration is responsible for design and development of software applications to support the research community.
The position requires a solid background in Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle Application Developer (Application Express - APEX) and one or more scripting languages. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of delivering quality solutions providing high value to customers in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should have experience building new functionality as well as performing production support activities including, and not limited to, evaluating Patches/Fixes, maintaining system configurations, running batch cycles, data cleanup, testing, filing/resolving service requests, and estimating enhancements. If you are resilient, flexible, highly-motivated to solve complex problems, and want to be a part of a growing and dynamic environment, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex applications independently.
- Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects.
- Define complex application development administration and programming standards.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
- Lead projects, as necessary, for special systems and application development in areas of complex problems.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Partner with business management to define the appropriate technical solutions.
- Collaborate with peer managers to coordinate enterprise-wide integration requirements.
- Coordinate work efforts for system enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate production support, and provide application performance metrics to business partners and IT management.
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Oracle Workflow, Forms, and XML Publisher
- Deploying applications in Amazon cloud is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design and relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle, methodologies, and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
We're moving offices. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in Spring 2019, will bring together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center. As part of our telecommute options, we have Stanford locations in San Francisco, Newark and San Jose and a supportive work-anywhere program for our Bay Area staff.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency