Software Developer 1
Software Developer 1
Job Number: 81600
Software Developer I Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real Estate:
Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University's physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university's academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford's 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy."
Who We Are:
We are the Applications Group at LBRE, dedicated to supporting dynamic customer needs of the LBRE community using emerging technology trends. To realize this goal, our strategic initiatives rest on the following pillars: Customer as a Valued Partner: efficiently manage full lifecycle of our services, provide integrated technology solutions to streamline business workflows, promote Outreach and Training of existing tools and services, Customer Feedback - What our Customers are saying, Security and Compliance: Adopt security best practices recommended by UIT/ISO and industry standards, evaluate application utility and control for optimal lifespan Operational Efficiencies: Automation of ‘mind numbing' and error prone tasks/processes, Platform ownership and optimization of PaaS (Platform as a Service), Information everywhere with robust applications Team Growth: Involve, Engage and Innovate: Our customers, our 3rd party technology partners and our campus peers with awareness of state of technology
Who you are:
You are a software developer, the creative mastermind that gives client the systems to run devices and computer-related tasks. You execute all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs. Work on systems of small to moderate size and complexity or segments of larger systems. You are excited for the opportunity to expand your knowledge of full life cycle development, gain direct client exposure, and grow yourself and team members.
You enjoy a work - life balance, and so do we, but working weekends, evenings and extended hours is not an issue for you.
You are eager to work on a wide variety of projects, where you can apply your existing knowledge to solve new problems. You seek a position that is in a highly collaborative environment working with other skilled software professionals to continuously improve code quality and execution. You have knowledge of at least one programming language, software development tools, software architecture, operating systems, hardware and network design and databases.
What work will you do**:
- Assess user needs and requirements. You will meet with clients and gather their needs/ requirement for the apps - show the mockup using Balsamiq
- Design and develop applications based on the information provided from your clients. This may involve sophisticated data manipulation. The use of tableau will be part of this task
- Maintain and updates existing programs.
- Design and implement user and operations training programs. We will need your great mind to create training documents to show the end user how to use the apps
- Document what changes are made to the software to help the team understand what work you have done and keep everyone in the team updated on your latest work
- Follow team software development methodology. We have our own protocol which will become your protocol.
- Serve as our technical resource with respect to applications, when apps have a problem, you will find the issue and fix it.
**Additional duties as applicable to the role
What we are looking for:
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Have knowledge of content management systems, such as Drupal.
- Experience with SVN or GIT
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Check out the Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Don't forget to attach your resume.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Software Developer 1
Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Series: Software Developer
Job Code: 4821
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency