Job Number: 81597
Job Code: 2293Job Grade: H
The Veterinary Service Center (VSC) at Stanford University provides Laboratory Animal Care and operates within the Department of Comparative Medicine. We are fully accredited by the Association for Accreditation and Assessment of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC). Our vision is to pioneer in laboratory animal care, driving research innovations from bench to bedside.
The Veterinary Service Center (VSC) is currently seeking a full-time Procurement Supervisor. The Procurement Supervisor will be responsible for providing leadership and technical direction for procurement activity and functions used to support the operations of the Veterinary Service Center. Some of these applications are AnimalTrax (ordering and tracking), Vemar (EHR) and several Oracle Financials applications (Inventory and Asset management). The Procurement Supervisor may need to capture and model/map business requirements, and work with the VSC's business partners to help them understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions and ensure products are delivered and fully functional. S/he will serve as project leader on small to medium-sized projects or on a process improvement initiatives. The Procurement Supervisor will also direct a team of staff members and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization and the day-to-day operations. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, professional development and accountable for the performance of employees. The applications manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Applications will be reviewed beginning the week of January 14, 2019. The first round will be due by January 13, 2019.
- Review, amend, deny and approve purchases of complex and higher dollar value or of unusual items and/or services.
- Identify potential vendors, prepare requests for quotations, requests for proposals, obtain bids, prepare and evaluate bids and negotiate with suppliers.
- Assist the requesting organization in developing statements of work, identifying sources and in performing overall acquisition planning for the project.
- Resolve contractual issues by interacting with various requesters, suppliers, senior-level project managers, educational institutions and government agencies.
- Prepare market and cost analysis reports
- Investigate new sources for hard-to-find or specialized facilities equipment and supplies.
- Make recommendations for the selection of supplies and equipment for the department.
- May participate in highly complex contract negotiations.
- May supervise lower level professional and administrative employees.
- Experience with Oracle applications like Oracle Financials, EAM and Inventory is highly desired.
- Experience with lab and medical procurement is desired.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree five years procurement experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced level of experience with an on-line purchase requisition and purchase order system.
- In-depth knowledge of market conditions, trade practices, sources, and lead times.
- Extensive experience placing complex and unusual to complex purchase orders relative to best value and reasonableness of price costing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment to identify, clarify and resolve routine to complex and unusual problems (e.g. resolve discrepancies on RFPs and Purchase orders as they arise).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to take initiative to complete duties proactively, and work under varying deadlines.
- Experience overseeing the work of others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone, sit and use light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing 10 pounds or less.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb, twist, bend, stoop, squat, reach or work above shoulders, grasp forcefully and sort, file paperwork or parts.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency