Administrative Associate II
Administrative Associate II
Job Number: 81594
Administrative Associate Job Code: 4102 Job Grade: E FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
Department of Bioengineering, School of Engineering and School of Medicine
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Department of Bioengineering
Stanford Bioengineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing department within the Stanford Schools of Engineering and Medicine. For more than a decade, the Department of Bioengineering has sought to advance bioengineering as a fundamental engineering discipline grounded in basic sciences, powered by a unique set of engineering concepts and principles, and capable of realizing many diverse applications. In realizing our mission, we seek to capitalize on the unique history and strengths of Stanford and continue to stand as a model for bioengineering worldwide. Our community ranges broadly, consisting of esteemed alumni, world class faculty and students, vibrant staff and administrators and include some of the world's most successful leaders in bioengineering technology and business. Our staff stand shoulder to shoulder with our faculty and students enabling cutting-edge research and the creation of innovative solutions to global challenges through the field of bioengineering.
The Department of Bioengineering seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative and operational support to our faculty and their research labs. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, as well as directly to appropriate faculty, you will be essential to supporting our mission in this position. You will support individual faculty labs and their research programs, serving as a liaison between the labs, central administration, and external institutions, vendors, and collaborators. In this role you will showcase your technological savvy, be motivated to accomplish tasks independently, and be invested in maintaining a positive and productive workplace culture. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then bring your talent and passion to join us in seeking solutions to important global problems and educating the next generation of leaders who will make the world a better place!
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine and complex tasks.
- Demonstrated success with planning and executing tasks with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Capacity to help manage diverse teams of professionals including offsite workers, with an special emphasis on organization and communication and setting and meeting production deadlines.
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
- Proficiency with common online platforms, such as Google Drive
- Proficiency with various social media and website editing
- Proficiency with Stanford systems
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency