Senior Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.										Position Summary
The Senior Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications, will provide administrative and operational support for the Office of University Communications (UC). The position also will provide basic reception desk support for Student Financial Services (SFS) and Global Programs (GP).
Support the overall facility that houses three offices on matters relating to:
• Greeting and directing students, visitors and others.
• Scheduling and maintaining the conference room.
• Maintaining the orderliness of common reception area.
• Seasonal clerical support (e.g., stuffing envelopes forSFSor GP during peak times)
• Tracking and reporting time spent on services provided to the three offices.
Support University Communications on matters relating to:
• Managing departmental accounting system, including coding and payment of bills; fund transfers; journal entries; deposits; and budget planning, tracking and reporting.
• Assisting the coordination of various ongoing projects for multiple institutional clients, which could include collaborating with other staff and freelance vendors.
• Organizing logistics of photo and video shoots and organizing meetings and events.
• Writing correspondence; proofreading drafts of university publications; and assisting in drafting content for posting to mySU and e-communications to be sent to the campus community, as well as releases for student hometown newspapers.
• Posting event releases to the university website using the content management system, which includes utilizing Adobe Photoshop to prepare event-related images.
• Creating and managing a schedule to post events to the university's web calendar and to news media's online calendars, and emailing event releases to news media.
• Creating and sending mass correspondence to a variety of constituents using mass email distribution system.
• Planning and arranging meetings and appointments for the UC group.
• Reviewing and screening all incoming mail, departmental email and calls directed to the University Communications office. Determine priority in scheduling and use judgement in handling sensitive requests. If necessary, refer appointment requests to appropriate staff person. Providing background information as needed.
• Helping, at times, to prepare VP for upcoming meetings, making sure the appropriate agenda and background materials are provided, as well as coordinating some staff travel.
• Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
• Assisting coordination of and serving as backup supervisor for student workers.
Assist Global Programs and Student Financial Services on matters relating to:
• Greeting and directing walk-in inquiries from students and families.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services. Proficiency of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and spreadsheets, managing files and records, budget management, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Skilled at written and verbal communication in order to convey information effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the audience; and building and sustaining interpersonal relationships. Proficient organizational skills and ability to handle a variety of assignments, multitask and set priorities to meet deadlines; strong problem-solving skills; and a high regard for attention to details and confidentiality. Knowledge of or ability to learn Adobe Photoshop and a content management system.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of three years of relevant office experience required.
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are indoor. The job hours are weekdays part-time.
Associate's degree or bachelor's degree a plus.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency