Admissions Counselor and Events Coordinator
Admissions Counselor and Events Coordinator
Posting Number: R0001809
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The Admissions Counselor and Events Coordinator works closely with the Assistant Dean of Recruitment and Associate Director of Admissions to meet Willamette Law's enrollment goals. Key responsibilities include developing and executing recruitment strategy; representing Willamette Law at recruitment events; assisting with campus visitors; and digitally; staffing of off-campus recruitment events; and facilitating of the operation of the Office of Admissions.
Additional responsibilities include communicating with prospective students in person, by phone or digitally; compiling data to maintain statistical reports; and evaluating applications. Extensive travel and work outside of regular business hours is required.
- Assist in the administration of recruiting and outreach for all aspects of the J.D., LL.M., and MLS degree programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with undergraduate pre-law advisors and groups. Facilitate Willamette Law faculty outreach to pre-law groups and undergraduate professors.
- Plan, organize, and staff off-campus recruitment events. Coordinate recruitment efforts with AGSM and CLA, as appropriate. In conjunction with the Director of Graduate Alumni Engagement, utilize alumni ambassadors to staff recruitment events.
- Coordinate the organization and management of all on-campus admission-related events, such as, but not limited to, daily campus visits, group visits, Open Houses, Orientations, Practice LSATs, Intro to Law Programs, and online recruitment events.
- Meet with prospective students. Manage the Student Ambassador tour guide program. Conduct campus tours when Student Ambassadors not available.
- Recruit, interview, supervise and train student employees.
- Create and execute a robust assessment plan for all recruitment events.
- Coordinate and implement recruitment and matriculation strategy, including working with faculty, student volunteers, and alumni.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students and staff, and handling departmental records and files, personnel actions, performance evaluations, grade reports, merit promotion and tenure decision and similar confidential materials.
- Compile and analyze admissions and matriculation data and prepare reports regarding same.
- Oversee and facilitate the day-to-day functioning of the Office of Admission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree or relevant experience required.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modern enrollment management technologies including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications, email marketing tools, CRM, Student Information Systems, and database management experience.
- Demonstrates excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication skills, and a positive collegial attitude. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively contribute in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and to positively portray the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings and to travel for extended periods of time.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
- Successful clearance of criminal conviction record check.
- Graduate degree in higher education administration and/or JD.
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate admissions or recruitment.
- Proficiency in one language other than English.
- Experience working with or counseling individuals, preferably in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of legal education and the legal profession.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment. This position requires significant travel by airplane and car.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Admissions-Counselor-and-Events-Coordinator_R0001809
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency