The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Office of Admissions at the University of San Diego seeks a talented, enthusiastic individual to join its team. General responsibilities will include: Evaluating and making decisions on admission applications, assisting with the development of admissions policies and procedures, managing and traveling in recruitment territories, counseling prospective students and families, planning and implementing special recruitment strategies, representing the University to high school counselors, alumni, and other external constituents, meeting with and offering presentations to campus visitors; conducting appropriate follow-up via phone, e-mail, and written correspondence to prospects, applicants, and school counselors; and assisting with the processing of applications for admission for freshman and transfer applications; and executing other admissions responsibilities as assigned.
Admission Counselor: This professional will build relationships with prospective freshmen, transfer students, parents, and high schools in a specific geographical area in an effort to attract students well-suited to USD's undergraduate programs. Experience working with diverse populations will be viewed favorably.
- Recruitment Travel: Will visit high schools, attend college night and fair programs, conduct interviews, meet with alumni, and carry out other recruitment activities in a designated recruitment area. Travel will last approximately 3 months in the Fall and 2 months in the Spring.
- Meeting with Visitors: Will have regular responsibilities for meeting with visitors to campus by conducting information sessions, meeting individually with families or counselors, providing front desk coverage when needed, and generally participate in the office's on-campus recruitment efforts.
- File Review: Will participate in all aspects of the file review process including the evaluation of transcripts and other related admissions material, completing the assessment forms, making admissions decisions when appropriate, and communicating with students, families and high school counselors throughout the process.
- Manages assigned team projects and administrative responsibilities. Assist in execution and implementation of Undergraduate Admission's visitor events and strategic programming. Collaborate with internal marketing partners to develop public relations and promotional messaging as needed.
- Participates and conducts assigned projects and initiatives with an emphasis on Undergraduate programs related to the visitor experience. Supported programs and events include Torero Experience days/overnights, on-and-off campus student programs and collaborations with other University departments and partners.
- Projects: All members of the staff will be assigned additional responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of the selective, private college admission process, the strengths of an undergraduate liberal arts experience, and the value of inclusive diversity.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience in admissions, education, student leadership or related areas (public relations, sales/marketing, etc.)
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to travel (including air travel) for up to two (2) consecutive weeks: nights and weekends are required
• Strong work ethic
• Demonstrated exceptional organizational and attention to detail
• Must feel comfortable in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
• Knowledge of and willingness to learn and work with technology; specifically word processing environments, internet navigation, databases, and e-mail correspondence. Web design and social media experience is a plus
• Knowledge of the University of San Diego and its programs
• A commitment to the University’s mission
• Sensitivity toward people of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• A valid driver’s license
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 8:30 am -5:00 pm, nights and weekends as needed
Closing date: January 25, 2019
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492501/admission-counselor
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency