ARNP, MSOM Otolaryngology - Miami
Job location: Campus - UHealth/Miller School of Medicine
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-11-28
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
• Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment. Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
• Writes prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
• Initiates and facilitates clinical research protocols and coordinates patient care with research staff.
• Obtains complete medical history independent of supervision by the physician.
• Orders appropriate laboratory tests according to practice guidelines.
• Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care that is appropriate for the patient and family.
• Actively participates in quality assurance programs and peer review activities.
• Responsible for providing assistance to physicians in the care and treatment of patients.
• Provides medical support to staff, triaging and implementing care in a knowledgeable and skillful
manner, as evidenced by team feedback and documentation in medical records.
• Administers nursing assessments to include performing examinations, giving injections and
assessing a patient's health status.
• Assess severity of patient's condition, determining and directing patients to appropriate medical
Please note that the occupant of this position will be expected to work at both the University of Miami Medical Campus in Downtown Miami and the satellite office in Palm Beach County.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:n10