Executive Director, Strategic Operations (Finance)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-01-14
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
Confers with hospital leadership and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve challenges. Recruits and hires department heads or managers, and assigns or delegate responsibilities. Directs organization-wide human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans. Directs administrative and technical processes across divisions, optimizing automation and complementary activities. Manages technical selection and implementation of internal support services across the organization. Prepares budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs. Assures proper staff support is in place to facilitate the work of the organization. Works closely with peer senior executives to implement corrective action plans to solve cross-organizational or departmental problems. Directs or conduct studies or research on issues affecting areas of responsibility. Ensures internal control oversight and compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with University policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Creates an effective control environment, conducts risk assessment, implements and monitors controls.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS .
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. MBA preferred.
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
Department Specific Functions:
1. Directs the overall financial research operations of Sylvester including budgeting, financial analysis, post awards, purchasing, resource allocation, financial controls, capital and strategies for maximizing revenue.
2. Develops and implements business plans for key programs, recruits, shared resources and other strategic initiatives ensuring efficiencies and return on investments. Supports the recruitment efforts of investigators and scientists by developing financial and space commitment plans.
3. Provides long term financial planning with emphasis on research program development, capital needs, and facilities. Oversees, develops and monitors Sylvester’s strategic space planning, facilities, telecommunications and capital purchases.
4. Provides exceptional leadership, creating a highly effective teams that achieves operational and financial excellence. Creates an environment of accountability, teamwork, trust and transparent communication.
5. Attends national cancer organizations meetings such as the Association of American Cancer Institutes and the Cancer Centers Administrators Forum.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c111