Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach/Assistant Athletics Director
The Head Coach and Assistant Athletics Director reports to the Director of Athletics on all matters. The individual is a member of the core department staff and continues to progress the college’s programming and commitment to athletics and recreational sports. The individual is a member of the College’s Student Services Staff and participates in related meetings and committees.
Areas of responsibilities are as follows:
Head Coach of Intercollegiate Program
The Head Coach reports to the Director of Athletics. The purpose of this position is to direct and lead student-athletes within the philosophy of the College’s Intercollegiate Program with the intention of maintaining the program within the guidelines of the principles of the NCAA Division III and additional conference affiliations.
- Prepares, trains and directs student-athletes for intercollegiate participation and competition.
- Attends all scheduled intercollegiate contests.
- Accompanies the team on trips and assumes responsibilities for the management and conduct of the team on and off of the field/court.
- Supervises the program’s assistant coach.
- Works with the department’s Office Manager and accounts for travel funds in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the proper security, care and return of program inventory including athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Insures department and college regulations are understood by, and complied, with by student athletes and additional members of the coaching staff.
- Oversees team preparation for intercollegiate contests with team manager in areas of uniform inventory and sports medicine equipment.
- Is involved in academic monitoring of student-athletes and communicating issues to department staff regarding the wellness of team members.
- Attends coaches meetings and additional events as required.
- Is active in identifying and recruiting prospective student-athletes by telephone, written communication and personal contact. Plans recruiting schedules and attends profile recruiting events.
- Participates in the program’s budget process, which includes monitoring expenditures as well as budget planning.
Team for Team Administrator
- Oversees department scheduling for all home athletic events with designated team event administrative support.
- Coordinates the Team for Team program with department staff and assures high operational standards.
- Oversees assignments, maintenance and operations of women’s general locker room and women’s team locker rooms.
Athletic Events Administrator
- Represents the department as the professional staff member at select athletics contests.
- Greets opponents, officials and guests and assists them with necessary accommodations.
- Coordinates all areas of athletics event management. Trains and schedules student staff for select home athletics events.
- Assures site preparation, set up and post-event break down.
- Communicates with coaching staff regarding special event needs.
- Serves as part of athletics emergency response team for injuries and incidents with adherence to the department Emergency Action Plan.
The individual should have experience in college athletics or recreation administration or related fields. Excellent communication and supervisory skills necessary. Experience as a player or coach is highly recommended. First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required. Must be able to maintain flexible work schedule and travel outside of 100-mile radius, as required.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/59090.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.