Full Time Tenure-Eligible Assistant or Associate Professor - Communication Studies
• Normal teaching load of three courses (the equivalent of twelve credit hours) per semester
• Advisement of undergraduate majors, participation in departmental projects, and involvement in college-wide activities and service
• Instruction of the college-wide required course in public speaking and small group communication.
• Maintenance of an active research agenda
• Instruction of some combination of undergraduate courses in, Integrative Marketing, Computer-Mediated Communication, Video Production, Advertising, and/or Public Relations, Communication Theory, Organizational Communication, Intercultural Communication, and/or Communication Research Methods
Successful candidates will aspire to be part of a diverse community that affirms an abundance of identities, experiences, and perspectives in order to imagine, examine, and implement possibilities for individual and communal thriving both inside and outside of the department.
• Excellence in classroom teaching (Graduate teaching assistantship acceptable)
• Demonstrated preparation and experience in teaching an area of specialization appropriate to the departmental curriculum
• Personal philosophy in sympathy with the aims and objectives of a liberal arts college
• Ph.D. in Communication Studies (ABDs will be considered with defense date set)
• Demonstrated preparation and experience in teaching a basic speech course as well as some combination of Integrative Marketing, Computer-Mediated Communication, Video Production, Advertising, Public Relations, Communication Theory, Organizational Communication, Intercultural Communication, and/or Communication Research Methods
• Eagerness to engage the department with emerging sub-disciplines in Communication Studies
• Ph.D. in Communication Studies completed by August 20, 2019