Job Number: 80067
Job Code: 4882
Job Grade: F
A cover letter and resume are required for full consideration.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking a full-time Events Planner.
About Stanford University's Hoover Institution: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy—both domestic and foreign—as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenge.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity, while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.
Plan and execute Stanford events, such as seminars, conferences, sports or alumni events, and other university related events. Consult with stakeholders and plan logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations.
The Special Events department provides strategic guidance and event management services for high-level events that support the institution's mission. The event team provides a variety of pre-event management services to include logistics, protocol, scheduling, coordination and communications across contributing vendors and departments. Our department coordinates over 150 events annually ranging in size from 15-400 attendees.
- Design, plan, implement, and coordinate customized events.
- Evaluate and select vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Serve as a member of an events team, and contribute in a wide variety of functional areas including decisions around budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine objectives and requirements.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Manage accounting operations relating to registration, including daily accounting procedures and reports, final monetary summaries, and/or account transfers.
- May serve as project leader on smaller scale events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events or manage program elements of larger scale events.
- Utilize and/or maintain complex databases. May use specialized event planning software.
- May inspect event facilities for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues.
ADDITIONAL CORE DUTIES*:
- Responsible for managing and reconciling various event calendars.
- Serve as lead on large scale board meetings, conferences, and fundraisers.
- Responsible for maintaining novelty inventory.
- Responsible for pre-event setups and post-event evaluations and budgets.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Associate degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success planning events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
Desired/Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability using the following: 25 Live CollegeNET; Box; DropBox; Formsite; MailChimp; MS Access; Oracle (Stanford iProcurement, Pcard, TCard); Salesforce; Social Tables; Stanford Events Calendar; Uber Business; and WordPress preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Non-Commercial Class California Driver's License.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, and grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license and drive day or night.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require some travel and working evenings and weekends.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Hoover Institution, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency