Social Media Strategist
Indiana University of Pennsylvania seeks a strategist who's passionate about social media who can make IUP a higher education social media leader. The Social Media Strategist leads IUP's institutional social media efforts by developing a measurable social media strategy, managing key social media channels, developing (and co-developing) social media content, and providing campus wide leadership to raise the level of social media practice at IUP.
Finalists for this position will be asked to submit a case study of a past social media campaign they have run. The case study should explain initial campaign goals, the strategy behind the campaign including a timeline, the execution of the strategy, and an evaluation of the campaign's results.
2 years experience in successfully managing social media for an organization
Majored in communications, social media, media, or English
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu. Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate. Applications must be received no later than January 13, 2019. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks. Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.