Digital Marketing Coordinator (Publicity/Marketing Coordinator), UCP 4
Under the direction of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences director of communications, the digital marketing coordinator will be responsible for developing web and digital content and supporting promotional activities for the UConn College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and its departments. The successful candidate will combine excellent communication and writing skills with technical expertise in digital media and electronic communications.
Working on a team of writers and designers, the digital media specialist will bridge the technical needs of a forward-thinking web presence with the administrative and academic needs of a liberal arts college and its programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain and advance the web presence of the College and its more than 32 departments, centers and institutes
- Initiate and carry out digital marketing strategies, including on social media, aligned with the mission, brand, and voice of the College
- Coordinate the strategic creation of digital content with external partners, such as the UConn Foundation and other UConn offices
- Manage web and e-communications marketing projects from conception to completion
- Collaborate on a team of writers, designers, and content producers to tailor digital messages, including e- communications, to different stakeholders
- Suggest and implement marketing methods to increase UConn and College brand awareness
- Monitor digital web and e-communications analytics and suggest improvements over time
- Coordinate a portfolio of student communications initiatives
- Liaise with internal partners, including central communications and IT offices, to bridge the capabilities of technology teams and the needs of administrative teams
- Supervise student workers and interns
- Perform related duties as required
- Associates degree and two to four years’ experience in digital media or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Demonstrated creativity in web development and analytics skills, including knowledge of Wordpress and Google site analytics and other publicity materials .
- Excellent project management, organizational, and administrative skills which may involve employee flexibility to irregular hours.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, and to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Deep knowledge of social media strategy, operations and campaigns.
- Ability to be resourceful, work independently and problem-solve under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work productively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or a digital media field, or a related field; or 2 years of related experience.
- A demonstrated appreciation for the mission of a college of liberal arts and sciences.
- Experience working in higher education and/or with academic groups.
- Experience in photo and video production.
Salary is in the mid-40’s. Benefits: Excellent healthcare and retirement package.
Upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs, (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions and include search #2019253. Please also include with your application an example of a successful digital marketing project or campaign you’ve worked on, including any relevant links. Screening will begin immediately and the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019253) This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 20, 2019. All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations