Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Health Info Mgmt - HIM)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-02
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
UHealth IT is seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst supports and maintains the enterprise wide set of applications and modules within the business and clinical information systems. The candidate will assist in the coordination of system requirements with department specifications and business processes while applying technical knowledge to solve complex problems regarding business application systems. He/she will work closely with team members, staff, and other personnel to gain an understanding of objectives and requirements for the assigned systems to support the user community and ensure that business and system requirements are addressed, while maintaining standardization across the organization. He/she will demonstrate a high level of expertise in overall system design, including work process flows, database structures, data integrity, and consistency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to utilize tools to expedite updates to dictionaries, fee schedules and other functions.
• Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows.
• General knowledge of governing policies and regulations, including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills to enable interaction with physicians, clinical staff, departmental staff, clinical analysts, technical analysts, and information technology team members.
• Ability to provide recommendations for improvement to provide enhanced service to user community.
• Ability to create appropriate daily/monthly reporting templates as requested by user community.
• Knowledge of authoring technologies necessary to perform duties based on Uhealth systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Applications: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
• Excellent communication skills written and oral.
• Understand project management and control.
• Excellent understanding of computer system characteristics, features and integration capabilities.
• Proven ability in IT planning, organization and development.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
Minimum qualifications are:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• 3 years related work experience.
• 3 years experience with product support of users in a healthcare environment.
• Epic certified with experience in implementing and supporting Epic System Applications.
• Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
Any combination of relevant technical experience and education will be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i106