Business Systems Analyst
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-01-22
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Business Systems Analyst plans and directs analysis of data in the Workday Finance system. They also develop, write, and edit technical and business documentation. The Business Systems Analyst will command meetings and coordinate peers to accomplish projects and resolve problems. He/she must be a self-starter and self-sufficient requiring minimal supervision of day to day issue tracking & resolution. The ideal Business Systems Analyst will possess a unique blend of technical, business, and people skills. He/she provides business systems analysis and support for Workday Finance. The Analyst will assist in the review and analysis of financial activities and will be involved in planning, organizing and conducting detailed management analytical studies to define problems, identify deficiencies and improve solutions which impact the enterprise’s effectiveness, and provide the basis for management decisions.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Partners with business users to gather all requirements to formulate business specifications and translating those into application and operational requirements.
2. Investigates and analyzes current functionality to identify data integrity issues and misalignments with existing business services policies and procedures.
3. Reviews, analyzes and evaluates processes, systems, and user needs for planned projects based on the business plan of the enterprise.
4. Documents workflows and results of business analysis.
5. Ability to anticipate, draw conclusions, and adapt to changing needs and demands.
6. Engage with stakeholders across multiple functional areas to gather, clarify, and document reporting and analytic needs for ad hoc reporting, recurring events and projects.
7. Determines what data should be selected and evaluated to address and track various business issues.
8. Consults with functional teams on the selection, application, and implementation of metrics.
9. Proactively applies analytical and research skills to monitor trends and elevate issues.
10. Reviews reports and ensure that financial information has been recorded accurately.
11. Analyze a variety of financial data and produce relevant reports in a clear, concise and timely manner to answer end-user’s inquiries.
12. Takes ownership of and ensure integrity of Finance data through development of audit reports; troubleshoot irregularities; partner with Functional team to research, correct discrepancies, and ensure compliance.
13. Remains apprised of new technology, new approaches and best practices as it relates to business analytics and the ability to generate critical data associated with the business.
14. Serves as a key contact for non-routine questions and requests, especially related to Finance systems and data.
15. Extracts data, manipulate, explore data using quantitative, statistical and visualization tools.
16. Synthesizes current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
17. Works with communication and end-user support teams to develop necessary training materials, communication plans, and post-implementation support.
18. Manages confidentiality of data by following established security/confidentiality standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of Workday desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, VBA).
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
• Ability to present business information in a manner easily understood by non-financial professionals.
• Ability to extract data from Workday or financial systems to provide and interpret detailed analysis.
• Ability to review and troubleshoot discrepancies on financial data.
• Experience in the ERP environment and tool utilized within the enterprise.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Knowledge of Workday Finance or other ERP System is a plus.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i105