Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-25
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The minimum qualifications for this temporary position are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent as well as at least three years of office administrative and/or clerical support work experience.
- Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures along with simple data processing and transmission principals.
- Ability to utilize computer information systems with the ability to read and decipher data on source documents.
- Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and at a reasonable rate of speed. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Good data entry skills. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with fluency in the English language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
**Please keep in mind that these are temporary positions, short term and long term positions are available.
- Customer Service Clerk
- Office Assistant
- Data Entry Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Sr. Administrative Assistant
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Temporary - Charge Back (Fixed Term)Pay Grade:52